Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Much Needed Break From Driving

Sorry about the gobbledy-gook posts, everyone. I sent them from my phone, and I'm not sure why that happened. They were both letting you know that I am currently safe in Alaska!! I got to my dad's place yesterday evening. It is amazing beautiful here. I'm glad that I don't have to drive anywhere for a while, though!!

Here are few pictures from my travels along the Alaska Highway.

Here's the marker at the beginning of the Alaska Highway. There was no one around to take my picture, and it was to windy to do a self-timed shot..

A panoramic view of the Rockies. There are so many mountains around here; it's absolutely crazy!

Stone sheep licking minerals off the highway in Northern Rocky Mountains Provincal Park. I got tons of shots of these guys, especially the cute little one that's in the middle.

Liard River Hot Springs.....I've never been in a natural hot spring before. It was really cool (well, actually, really hot). Very relaxing apart from the voracious mosquitoes!

I saw a whole herd of bison on the road. This big guy seemed to be in charge, and he kept giving me the evil eye, like he didn't want me to move or go anywhere!

This was taken at Kluane Lake (I think-I saw so many lakes it's hard to remember) at about nine pm. Look how high the sun is in the sky!!!

At the US-Canadian border! It definitely was a feeling of accomplishment.


The Matanuska glacier. These are the Chugach Mountains, I think. There are so many mountain ranges around here, it's crazy. Every time you think that you've just seen the biggest mountain ever, you see a bigger one! The Wrangell-St. Elias mountains are huge-I don't have any pictures of those, but I'll get some on the way home. I can't wait to see Denali!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I love these pictures. So glad you're there!!! How do you like Alaska so far?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty awesome. I liked Seattle a lot as a city but Anchorage was even better!

    ReplyDelete