Sunday, August 22, 2010

Garden of the Gods

We got to Colorado Springs later than planned (what else is new?), so all we had time for tonight was a quick trip through Garden of the Gods, which was beautiful. We drove through Manitou Springs briefly before enjoying dinner in downtown Colorado Springs.
The plan for tomorrow is to drive up Pike's Peak early, then possibly visit the Manitou Cliff Dwellings and/or Garden of the Gods again before having lunch & sampling the springs in Manitou Springs. We'll probably drive by the Air Force Academy on our way out of town. We are planning a pretty much straight haul back to Reading & plan to arrive Monday afternoon.
As an aside, so far I have been underwhelmed by the Colorado Rockies. I really thought they would be more impressive. But maybe I have just seen so many other impressive mountains this summer that I am all mountained out. I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow after I drive to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment