Monday, January 14, 2013

Sedona

Sedona, Arizona is beautiful. I'd wanted to visit ever since Rachel Ray featured the town on her "$40 a Day" food travel show. They call it red rock country, because, well.....


the rocks are all red. Very red.




See, red? Many different shades and formations. And hues. And when the light changes on them, wow! (But I don't have any good pictures of that.)

I stayed in a small motel near Uptown called The Rose Tree Inn. (I got a great deal, because apparently the desert's not so popular in high summer. Go figure.)



My very favorite thing about Sedona was the Chapel of the Holy Cross. It's one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen. And I can prove it:




One last thing: a lot of people in Sedona are rich. Check out this guy's house:


Although truthfully, if I were that rich, I don't know if I'd build somewhere so close to a tourist site. I think more people were taking pictures of this mansion than of the chapel.

So that's Sedona. People talk about the energy vortices. That wasn't really my thing. The drive through Oak Creek Canyon to get to Sedona makes the trip worth it. I don't have pictures because I was busy driving, but if you're near the Grand Canyon and have a spare day, spend it driving through the canyon to Sedona. So worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment