Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Last Stop

After our all-nighter across Kansas and Missouri, we paused early Monday morning for a break in St. Louis. I had read that it was possible to ride a little (and I do mean little) tram to the top. Which, in case you've never looked too closely, is dubiously thin.

But Tasha really wanted to do it, and since I dragged her up the Salmon Glacier and Pike's Peak, I figured I couldn't really say no. (But I had no qualms about making her pay for the tickets). Here's the tram car.


I do have to admit that the view from the top was excellent, even if the inside resembles an airplane. A small one.



This is my favorite shot:

The reason that I really wanted to visit the Gateway Arch was to check out the Museum of Westward Expansion, which is underneath the arch. It alone was worth a stop, particularly for the Lewis and Clark exhibit.



Here's a few parting shots of the arch, which we took before driving another sixteen or so hours to get home.



That's all of America for now, folks. I have a few possible weekend trips planned this spring. I want to visit Shenandoah National Park, and also Gettysburg, which is pretty much a day trip for me. Also Bushkill Falls up in the Poconos. And I'll be visiting Hershey Gardens and dining at the Hotel Hershey on my birthday. So I'll probably post some of those things.

Stayed tuned on June 17, when my mom & I take off on our East Coast Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment