Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Redwood Forest Was Made For Me...

 and you, if you know my song reference! It was so exciting to go to California, although I'm not sure why. It's such an amazingly diverse state, and we didn't even go near the southern coast.

Here's me enjoying the Pacific near Crescent City. I feel like I became an expert in taking my own picture by the end of this trip!

The redwood forest was absolutely amazing. The trees are just so huge and majestic and old. When you walk among them in these peaceful, hushed groves, it is truly a holy moment.


And they are tall, too!


This is one of the tallest we saw. I can't wait to go see the General Sherman sequoia one day (maybe next summer?).


The absolutely coolest roadside kitschy thing we did....driving Ruby through that tree was totally worth the $5 admission fee. And since it was early in the morning and we were the only ones there, I did it twice!!!

I was so struck by these trees that I didn't take very many pictures, but I do know that I can't wait to go back and spend more than a day hiking and camping in Northern California. Thank heavens someone made an effort to preserve these gentle giants for our enjoyment.

Next up, our totally un-planned jaunt down the California coast from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo, including details of our mountain lion encounter!!



No comments:

Post a Comment